Assistance for Family Caregivers
Family Matters In-Home Care is here to assist by providing “respite care” for the family caregiver (i.e., a wife caring for a husband or a daughter/son caring for her/his parents). Constant caregiving can bring considerable stress. Very often, we see that when we give relief with daily routines, allowing the family caregiver(s) more time for themselves, the relationship strengthens. Family Matters In-Home Care can help you by providing:
- Caregivers who can help you take a few hours off, without feeling guilty or stressed, while you take care of yourself or other members of your family. Giving yourself a little bit of time away may be just what the doctor ordered and will help you to be a much better family caregiver.
- In-home assessments. We routinely perform in-home assessments that result in a customized care plan for your loved ones. You may choose to have us carry out the care plan in whole or in part, or you may simply choose to use the care plan to improve your own ability to care for your loved one.
- Access to information and training. We have access to (and offer) a wealth of information, training and resources for caregivers.
- Fall-prevention assessments and training. One of the largest sources of injuries among seniors is falling. We can help you assess the risks that your loved one faces and provide education on how to minimize the risk of falling. Also, if you request, we will even conduct a free workshop on fall prevention for your group. Visit theFall Prevention section to learn more.
- Home safety checks. We have extensive experience in the multi-faceted process of ensuring that your loved one’s home is safe, which is vital to maintaining independence for as long as possible.
- Support and understanding. We can help you get connected with support groups and individuals in our area that can help YOU, as well as help you care for your loved one.
So if you or your family are in need of some help, don’t hesitate to contact us. You can talk to us about your unique situation, schedule a free in-home assessment, and be well on your way to a happier, healthier life for you and your loved one.