How We Help Reduce Hospital Re-admissions with WELCOME HOME
- Create a personalized, patient-focused strategy with your Doctor
- Educate the patient, family, and caregivers
- 24-hour availability and response for
- helping with special diet meal preparation, exercise, and hydration
- medication reminders and transportation to medical appointments
- observation, measurement, and monitoring of key condition indicators
- early intervention (call to doctor)
- outcome trending and data along with client satisfaction reporting
- Acquire all newly prescribed medication
- Clean-up and secure home
- Prepare meal
- Perform Safety audit to prevent falls
- This service can be a one day service or a long term monitoring service implemented in our excellent care service
How WELCOME HOME Works
- The hospital discharge planner/case manager discharges the patient home with Family Matters and notes the discharge date tracking.
- Family Matters In-Home Care develops a personalized plan based on the patient’s diagnosis and educates the patient and his or her family on how to assist at home.
- While helping with discharge instructions (i.e. special diet prep, medication and doctor appointment compliance, etc.) Family Matters also record indicators for intervention (weight, B/P, etc.).
- If the patient falls outside of normal parameters, an early call is made to the doctor to intervene, and the patient’s personalized plan is changed.
- The patient remains at home with a new plan and avoids readmission to the hospital.